Finally (Finally!) Version 4 of monolinea is up.
How it all started
Version 1 was one of the first layouts I did fully in CSS (back when there was such a thing as “tableless” layouts) around 2003. I was so excited, I even made a CSS Zen Garden-like switcher, with three different themes. As all CSS based sites at the time, it was square and rather bland. Pixel patterns were all the rage (squidfingers, k10k, anyone?)
2008 brought a new redesign, with a new logo, more color, and a bit more simplicity.
Finally last year i decided it was time to start over from scratch. And a few (or many) months later comes version 4.
- Less is more. A more minimalist design puts more focus on the content.
- Finally gave up on textpattern and embraced wordpress. Not perfect either, but more flexible, and with way more plugins and resources to help me along
- Monolinea is now responsive! Should work in phones, tablets, desktop, and anything in between.
- Retina ready! High res graphics and content for extra sharpness in high resolution displays.
- Not finding the perfect font for Monolinea, I set out and made my own.
- New logo (based on the previous one), based on the new font.
- I now have a blog. After many years of being mostly quiet, I’ll give this communicating thing a try.